2 Types of Endometriosis Treatment
There are 2 types of endometriosis treatment.
Endometriosis Treatment: Medical Term
The choice of treatment method depends on the severity and whether the patient still wants to have children. Endometriosis treatments include:
Administration of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are drug to reduces pain, decreases fever, prevents blood clots, and in higher doses to decreases inflammation. Side effects depend on the specific drug but largely include an increased risk of gastrointestinal ulcers and bleeds, heart attack, and kidney disease.
This drug is for short term only and eat the drugs together with some water and a bit of food to ease stomach upset. Before taking the drugs it is advisable to check with doctor or pharmacist.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are administered several days before the start of your period menstruation in order to block the endometriosis from forming that leads stomach pain, cramp and swelling.
Hormone therapy to stop the production of the hormone estrogen.
Hormone therapy are sometimes effective in reducing endometriosis symptoms such as stomach pain and cramp. Hormone medication may slow the growth progress of endometriosis. Hormone therapy stop the ovaries from producing estrogen and prevent ovulation.
Hormone treatments can come in the form of pills, injection, and nasal spray. Hormone therapy that commonly used:
- Hormonal Contraceptives. Birth control pills. So taking this pill if you not gonna get pregnant soon.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists. This drug will block your ovaries to produce estrogen and prevent menstruation. Everything will be back to normal if you stop taking the drugs.
- Progestin therapy. including an intrauterine device with levonorgestrel (Mirena, Skyla), contraceptive implant (Nexplanon), contraceptive injection (Depo-Provera) or progestin pill (Camila), can momentarily stop menstrual periods and relieve endometriosis signs and symptoms.
- Aromatase inhibitors. This drug reduce the amount of estrogen in your body. Your doctor may recommend an aromatase inhibitor together with a progestin or combination hormonal contraceptive.
Remember to consult with your doctor before taking any drugs.
Surgical procedures, such as laparoscopy, laparotomy, hysterectomy.
Laparoscopic hysterectomy involves removing the entire uterus with minimally-invasive techniques, using a narrow telescope-like instrument (laparoscope) to see the inside of the abdomen. Laparoscopy commonly used to diagnosed and remove mild to moderate endometriosis.
Through laparoscopy can provide information such as location, size and degree of endometrial implants. Your surgeon may take a tissue sample for further testing. Laparoscopy is not suitable for everyone and usually doctor will prescribe hormone therapy for less invasive method of treatment.
Your first period after surgery maybe longer, more painful and heavier than usual. If the pain is severe you need to contact your doctor. You need to put attention in any symptoms or any problem occurred after surgery and contact directly your doctor.
The pain or stomach cramp may reappear in 6 to 12 months after surgery.
Best natural treatment to improve your conditions
Endometriosis Treatment: Natural Treatment
Below are the tips to reduce the symptoms and slowly reduce the size of endometriosis (cyst, polyp):
1. Avoid dairy products or at least reduce consumption of dairy products.
2. Lime, honey and warm water mix it together every morning. Taking after you wake up in the morning and before breakfast.
3. Taking up supplement such as Vit D, Vit C, Omega, zinc.
4. Exercise enough. Minimum 20 mins for 5 days.
5. Sleep and rest enough.
6. Do not over stress.
7. Taking hot water when stomach cramp occurs.
8. Do some of healing meditation. Refer to video below which really help a lot to reduce the symptoms.
You can do both Medical and Natural treatment to improve your condition faster and better.